Bill Sparks 2023William M. Sparks   1945 - 2023

My father, William (Bill) Sparks, passed away sadly but comfortably  Sunday morning, surrounded by his family. He was a kind and loving man with a heart of gold.  There are so many who loved him and will feel this loss –  in the business world and far beyond.  He would say thank you to all of his small-business customer for their support, and he would wish everyone peace and happiness. I have run the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency for many years now, and I will continue to run it just as my father did and as he would want me to do.  On behalf of my family, I thank you all for your kind words, well wishes and support at this time.   --- Danielle Sparks

See Obituary



Share This

Flood Insurance, not homeowners, covers flood damage to your home.

Although you might not live near water, flooding can still cause significant – even devastating – damage to your home and property.  Protection for flood damage is purchased separately from your standard homeowner  or condominium insurance policy.  Here at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency in Timonium, Maryland, we know the guidelines and we can help you build the right flood insurance policy for your situation whether you are a resident of Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA) or Pennsylvania (PA).

Should Everyone Have Flood Insurance?

Flood insurance will protect you from losses incurred by flood damage to your home and belongings.  It is available to you whether you are a homeowner or a renter.  In fact, if you own a home located in a designated flood zone and you have a mortgage, your bank might require you to carry a flood insurance policy.  Standard homeowners, condo and renters insurance do not cover damage caused by flood or surface waters. 

When and Where Should One Purchase Flood Insurance?

Flood insurance is available through our agency, from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).  Even if you do not live in a designated flood zone, you should consider securing a flood insurance policy if your home and possessions are at risk from overflowing creeks, ponds, etc.  You should plan to purchase your flood insurance policy well before flooding danger exists.  There is at least a 30-day waiting period from the time you purchase the policy to the date it is effective.

What Does Flood Insurance Cover?

Flood insurance covers all types of homes and condos, but there are many limitations.  If your home has been improved with a furnished, finished basement, those improvements are not covered by the NFIP policy.  However, appliances and fixtures typically found in an unfinished basement will usually be covered.  It will also pay for your possessions at a depreciated amount.

Don’t wait until the water starts to rise.  Get the details now.  For more  information about NFIP, visit, or speak with one of our capable agents, experienced in the options and coverage choices of flood insurance who can help you get the answers you need to create just the right policy for your needs.  Whether you live in MD, VA or PA, just contact us today to discuss how we can help.

The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it.  This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage.  You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those here in Timonium, MD at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency before making any decisions or choosing a course of action. 


Our Carriers

William M. Sparks Insurance Agency, Inc., Insurance Services, Timonium, MD

referral button