If you are like most folks, your car is essential to your daily life. You take care of it and take care to avoid damage. But accidents happen, and you need to know you and your car, truck or SUV are protected from loss.
Here at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency in Timonium, Maryland, we have helped thousands of auto insurance policy holders. Whether you are a resident in Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA) or Pennsylvania (PA), we know the guidelines so we can help you plan your coverage and avoid costly mistakes down the road.
Auto insurance is your protection from the financial loss incurred because of an automobile accident. Your car insurance policy will define exactly how your insurance company will handle your losses when you submit a claim.
Generally, auto insurance includes several types of coverage:
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for injuries someone else suffers in an auto accident if you are at fault.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection provides reimbursement for medical treatment suffered by you and/or your passengers during an accident.
- Property damage liability covers damage you caused to someone else’s property.
- Collision coverage pays for damages to your own vehicle in case of an upset or collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive insurance covers your loss when you experience fire, theft, glass breakage, or damage to your vehicle from something other than collision.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage reimburses for your injuries in case of an accident involving a person without auto insurance, with lower limits that yours which are insufficient to cover your damages, or with a hit-and-run driver.
Liability limits, deductibles, additional coverages and discounts can vary to meet your needs.
Optional Coverages to consider:
- Rental Car Reimbursement
- Emergency Towing
- Loan Security Protection
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those at the William M. Sparks Insurance Agency before making any decisions or choosing a course of action.